PATIENT DATA OPT OUT TO SHARING PATIENT DATA
Here's what you need to know:
Patients can opt out using the link below; it also includes options to opt out via phone and post also.
- There is no 30 September deadline for opting out of sharing your data. You can opt out at any time.
- NHS Digital will never sell your data.
- There are strict rules about how NHS can use your data. It's only shared securely and safely.
- Shared data helps the NHS. It has been used to find the first treatment for coronavirus and for vaccine research.
More details can be found on the website below:-
Before you start this application online:- (https://www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters/manage-your-choice/)
- be aged 13 or older
- have access to your email or mobile phone
- have your NHS number or your postcode registered with your GP surgery
Where can I find my NHS number? This can be found on your prescriptions/On Patient Online Access or ask for details at your Practice but your Practice will require Identification before releasing any of this type of information.
When your choice does not apply
There are some situations where your choice does not apply and your confidential patient information may still be used.
When required by law
Your confidential patient information may still be used when there is a legal requirement to provide it, such as a court order.
When you have given consent
Your confidential patient information may still be used when you have given your consent. Such as, for a medical research study.
When there is overriding public interest
Your confidential patient information may still be used in an emergency or in situations where there is an overriding benefit to others. For example, to help manage contagious diseases and stop them spreading, like meningitis. In these situations, the safety of others is most important.
When information that can identify you is removed
Information about your health care or treatment may still be used in research and planning if the information that can identify you is removed first.
Further Information on Data Opt Out Programme
Leaflets, Posters, Envisage Media can be found on link below, which includes accessible and other languages too.